Multiple channel and strategic choices
Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance in fashion and lifestyle. The industry evolves rapidly due to changing customer buying behavior: both in-store and online. E-commerce has an enormous growth potential. Adjacent to Europe, Turkey and Russia are important emerging markets. These trends ask for strategic supply chain choices, such as moving forward to multiple channel retail to maximize customers’ choice (in receiving, collecting and returning goods), increase sales and bottom line results.
To meet these new challenges companies might consider to:
- collaborate within the industry and with supply chain partners;
- integrate channels (centralized inventory and handling processes);
- change their supply chain strategy: one European distribution center, several regional centers or pick and pack at source in order to reduce marketing time.
Interested in optimizing your European supply chain?
Many international companies have established their headquarters, including marketing and sales departements, in the Netherlands, the heart of a centralized European distribution system. Dutch logistics service providers know about fashion, act on change and are innovative in finding new solutions.
- The significance of the Dutch fashion industry (national and international brands, 55,000 employees, biggest Fashion Trade Center in the world) and its supporting networks (advertising agencies, international fairs, Fashion Academy Arnhem, trade associations)
- The Amsterdam metropolitan area is an important fashion hub, combining creative excellence with logistics experience, host of the Amsterdam International Fashion Week, home to many international fashion companies and close to Schiphol international airport
- The availability of logistics service providers specialized in fashion (reconditioning, GOH, mixed consignments of garments, reversed logistics services) and flexible in adjusting to the latest trends
- Upfront rulings by the Dutch customs authorities (certainty about the amount of customs duties due)
- Favorable tax conditions (no VAT/sales tax on imports)
More in Why the Netherlands
International fashion brands in the Netherlands:
- Björn Borg
- Esprit Europe BV
- Forever 21
- Tommy Hilfiger Europe BV
- and many more…