Global connections to and from the Netherlands are excellent. Modes of transport include aviation, land transport (rail, road and off-road), ship transport, pipelines and cable transport.
- Four international airports (including Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam-The Hague Airport)
- Main ports Rotterdam (387 million tons of transshipments) and Amsterdam (87 million tons).
- 85,000 miles of public roads, of which 3,200 miles highways.
- 1,750 miles of railway.
- 3,235 miles of waterways for inland shipping.
- About 11,185 miles of pipelines (for gas, oil and refined products)